As I just mentioned a little earlier, I have entered a competition called Dessert Wars - Dessert Wars is the brainchild of Reeni from Cinnamon Spice & Everything Nice and Christine of The Cupcake Bandits.
This month's theme is Nutella - on my last post I spoke about how to make vegan Nutella. For this post I am creating a dessert using that vegan Nutella.
What better way to celebrate Nutella - a chocolate and nut butter concoction, than with an easy fast to prepare on the fly dessert! Everyone will gobble up this sweet treat- you can make it for the one you love on Valentine's Day, for your kids, or for your next party. Dress it up or down!
The hardest part will be waiting for them to set up!
Want to make these? Here is the recipe:
Double Dipped Chocolate Chip Nutella Scooter Pies
1. Make the Cookies:
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup finely ground hazelnuts
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup margarine, softened
3/4 cup raw sugar
3 tablespoon Nutella
¼ cup chocolate chips
1 teaspoon ground flax seed mixed with 2 teaspoons water
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups sifted powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large mixing bowl stir together flour, ground hazelnuts and baking powder- set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat margarine and raw sugar together with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until fluffy. Add flax seed and vanilla; beat until combined. Add Nutella. Add flour mixture; beat on low speed until combined. Fold in chips. Cover and chill dough at least 3 hours or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the chilled dough to 1/8- to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut into 4 inch circles and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies in a 375 degree F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack.
Makes about 10 cookies.
2. Make candied hazelnuts by tossing ¼ cup chopped nuts with 1 tablespoon raw sugar. Spread on lined cookie sheet. Bake in oven at 350 degrees 7 minutes.
3.Spread Nutella on one cookie and top with another, sandwiching the Nutella inside.
4. Heat 1 cup dark chocolate chips in microwave until melted and stir smooth. Dip cookies and sprinkle with candied hazelnuts.
Allow to set up.
1 cookie serves 2 couples.
Don't forget to visit http://www.dessert-wars.com/ and check out all the yummy desserts and prizes for this month!